I always say it, and probably always will- there is no better way to warm up a home on a cold winter day, then baking in the oven! I’m not sure if it’s really the warmth from the oven, or simply just the joyful smell and happy atmosphere, but either way- it warms me up!
I have been baking peanut butter brownie cookies for years and change the recipe as I go along and learn what works best for me. Below is my latest version.
Peanut Butter Brownie Cookies
* 1 (19.5 oz.) package Traditional Fudge Brownie Mix
* 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
* 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
* 1 large egg
* 1 cup powdered sugar
* 1 cup creamy peanut butter
* 1/2 can chocolate Fudge frosting
* Heat oven to 350°F.
*Beat brownie mix, melted butter, cream cheese and egg in medium bowl 50 strokes with spoon until well blended (dough will be sticky)
* Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto a non greased cookie sheet to make 24 cookies; push center of cookie down a LITTLE with thumb to create a little ‘bowl’ for the peanut butter ball to sit in. (do not go all the way through cookie or your peanut butter will fall through once cooked).
*Mix together powdered sugar and peanut butter with spoon until mixture forms a ball. With hands, roll rounded teaspoonfuls peanut butter mixture into 24 balls.
*Lightly press 1 ball into center of each ball of brownie dough. Flatten slightly.
* Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until edges are set. Cool on cookie sheets at least 30 minutes.
* Spread thin layer of frosting over peanut butter portion of each cooled cookie.
Don’t these look absolutely amazing?!
While you’re at it, leave one out for Santa! 😉
(A big thanks to my sweet 4 year old daughter for being my assistant and taste tester today . It is safe to say these cookies are 100% kid tested & approved! 😉 )